3 Ways to Lose Weight After Childbirth
Pregnancy can make you gain weight drastically. This change can make you insecure and worried about your health. Calm down, Bun. Losing weight after giving birth is actually not difficult, you know. With discipline, you can return to your ideal weight.
Lose weight not only to restore body shape, but also to maintain the health of the Mother. As a mother, Mother would want to have a healthy body in order to be able to care for the little one until he grew up. Ideal body weight will reduce the risk of Mother exposed to high blood pressure, diabetes, and coronary heart disease.
Various Ways to Lose Weight After Childbirth
After giving birth, you need time and energy to recover. Therefore, Mother is not recommended to immediately lose weight after giving birth. Mothers can start losing weight around the 6th or 8th week after delivery.
Here are 3 things you need to pay attention to restore your ideal body shape:
- Apply a healthy diet
Healthy food and a good diet are the main keys to losing weight after giving birth. The following are tips for maintaining a healthy diet:
- Take time to breakfast in the morning.
- Eat foods that are rich in fiber, such as oats, seeds, and nuts.
- Consume foods with complex carbohydrates at every meal, such as pasta, brown rice, or whole wheat bread.
- Eat low-fat protein sources, such as chicken breast.
- Don’t forget the consumption of good fats or omega-3 sources such as olive oil and fish.
- Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
- Change snack packs between large meals with fruit or nuts.
- Limit consumption of fatty and high-calorie foods, such as fast food, pastries, and soft drinks.
During lactation, you need lots of calories from food to produce milk. So, you cannot limit the amount of food you have, yes. Just make sure that all foods that you consume are rich in nutrients and healthy.
- Exercise regularly
To accelerate weight loss, Mother can also exercise regularly. Do you know? Breastfeeding your child can burn calories equivalent to one exercise session, you know. This activity can lose weight after giving birth without your mother even realizing it.
However, if you are not breastfeeding your baby, there are plenty of other sports choices. Mother can even use a baby stroller or alias stroller to exercise with a few steps below:
- Warm up for 5 minutes by stretching the legs, shoulders and head.
- Walk while pushing Start with a normal path for 60 seconds, continue with a brisk walk for 30 seconds. Repeat for 30 minutes.
- Make sure the shoulders are pulled back and the backbone is upright. Give a distance between the stroller and hips.
- Cool it for about 5 minutes while still pushing the pram.
In addition, Mother can also choose other forms of exercise, such as yoga, dancing, or aerobics.
- Manage stress
Taking care of newborns can make Mother stressed. This can slow down weight loss Mother after giving birth, you know. Stress can increase appetite and desire to eat sweet foods, as well as reduce enthusiasm for physical activity and exercise.
In addition, stress can also trigger the production of the hormone cortisol. This hormone will make your body more difficult to burn fat. To avoid this, there are several ways you can do, namely:
- Inadequate sleep needs
Lack of sleep can increase appetite and trigger insulin resistance, which is a condition in which the body’s cells’ ability to absorb sugar from the blood decreases. These things can cause fat buildup.
If you have difficulty sleeping because you often wake up at night, use your baby’s nap time to sleep as well.
- Ask for assistance
When you are too tired, there is no harm in asking for help from people you trust to help with homework or taking care of your child. Mother can use this time to rest, do me time, or date with her husband.
Losing weight after giving birth can improve your health condition. However, do not lose weight excessively yes, Bun, especially in quick time. Drastic weight loss can actually make you sick and can not breastfeed your child.