How to Prevent and Overcome Tired Eyes
Tired eyes often cause discomfort and may interfere with daily activities, especially if this condition occurs during activities like studying, working, or when driving a vehicle. Eye fatigue is usually not a significant problem and may get away on its own after you rest.
Tired eyes are described as eye disorders caused by long-term eye use without an opportunity.
The condition of tired eyes are often caused by several factors, including:
- Drive a vehicle with a long distance.
- Stare at a computer screen or gadget for a long time.
- Reading for too long.
- Having eye refraction abnormalities.
- Seeing continuously in a low-light room.
- Exposed to light that is too bright or dazzling.
What are the symptoms of tired eyes?
Tired eyes are often recognized by several common symptoms, including:
- The eye feels painful, sore or itchy.
- Watery or dry eyes.
- Blurred or shaded vision.
- The eyes are more sensitive to light.
Symptoms of tired eyes also can spread to other parts of the body, like pain within the shoulders, neck, back, and headaches. Some of these symptoms will be increasingly felt if you lack sleep. Because, enough sleep is very important for the eyes. During sleep, the attention also will rest and obtain nutrients for tissue repair, in order that tired eyes are often overcome. Lack of sleep is the same as reducing or interfering with the process of resting the eyes.
How to Prevent Tired Eyes
Tired eyes are very closely related to one’s work. Some of the items below are often done to stop it.
Adjust the lighting and position of the pc screen
Adjusting display screen lighting are often through with the assistance of filters. When doing computer activities, always confirm to stay a secure distance between the screen and therefore the eyes, which is around 50-60.
Pay attention to the room’s lighting
Try to keep the space lighting isn’t too bright, in order that it doesn’t dazzle the eyes, including adjusting the direction of lighting. Be sure to always maintain the cleanliness of the computer screen so that the lighting remains ideal.
Rest periodically for 20 seconds
When operating a computer or reading, it is recommended that you take an occasional break from these activities. Rest every 20 minutes, then rest your eyes for a minimum of 20 seconds.
Eye fatigue also can be prevented by eye care, including compressing the attention with a cloth that has been soaked in warm water, or using eye drops to refresh the eyes when they start feeling dry eyes.
Try the following to treat tired eyes
To overcome tired eyes, you’ll try a couple of steps below.
- When reading is too tiring eyes, blink often. If necessary, switch for a flash from reading therefore the eyes can rest. Close your eyes and massage the temples for a couple of minutes to scale back eye fatigue. Don’t forget to regulate the lighting that’s ideal for the eyes.
- When the computer screen is tired, increase the screen resolution and reduce the room’s lighting. Then adjust the distance, contrast, and font size. Taking your eyes off the pc screen for a couple of moments also can help reduce eye fatigue.
- Standing and stretching your arms, legs, shoulders and back can help reduce body fatigue.
- If your eyes feel dry and blinking doesn’t help, obese eye drops can be used. You can also close your eyes then compress it with a washcloth that has been moistened with warm water.
- Some people need to wear glasses when reading or using a computer to deal with tired eyes.
- Natural products of fish oil with omega-3 acids and bilberry are believed to reduce the symptoms of tired eyes. However, this still needs further research.
Just like other body parts, the attention also needs rest. Make sure you usually provides a break within the middle of the activity, therefore the eyes can rest. If you are feeling the symptoms of tired eyes and don’t recover , don’t hesitate to consult a doctor.