Problems with Baby’s Skin and How to Care
Not merely because of thirst and hunger, your little one could be fussy because of other problems, you know, one of them is a skin problem. Even though Mother is very skilled at caring for Little One, but at any time she could be affected by a variety of skin problems such as diaper rash, prickly heat, acne, and others.
Taking care of a baby that is still a baby, it is not easy. Mother is demanded to always maintain her cleanliness, because skin diseases can affect anyone, including the baby. The skin of newborns is indeed susceptible to various rashes and other skin problems. Fortunately, most of these rashes are harmless and can go away on their own.
3 Skin Problems that often occur in infants
Little itchy skin on reflexes makes him scratch, and it can make the skin become blisters. Of course, Mother does not want it if the skin does turn Little red, scaly, and itchy due to various skin problems that can attack her? For this reason, you must know what causes your baby’s skin problems. Here are some skin problems that are often experienced by babies and how to avoid them, including:
- Prickly heat
Prickly heat is a small, prominent red rash that feels itchy and can cause stinging or sore sensations, such as pricking the skin. Prickly heat can appear anywhere on a person’s body, but usually appears in the area of the neck, face, back, chest, or thighs a few days after exposure to hot temperatures. Infants and children are more at risk of prickly heat, it is because their sweat glands have not fully developed. Some ways that you can do to treat the prickly heat of your baby’s sweat, including using loose clothes for your baby, move your baby to a shady or cooler place, use a cotton towel to absorb his sweat, wash your baby with warm water (or you can add 2 teaspoons of baking soda per 3.8 liters to the bathwater to help prickly heat). In addition, Mother can also use powder for Little One that contains Witch Hazel and Calamine. Witch Hazel is believed to be useful for skin that is experiencing itching, inflammation or swelling, bruising, wounds caused by insect bites, and other skin irritations. While Calamine is soothing and protects the skin from mild skin irritation, such as prickly heat. By using the powder that contains these two ingredients, your baby’s skin becomes calm and free from irritation from prickly heat.
- Diaper Rash
Diaper rash usually occurs in infants and children under the age of 2 years, and is in the vicinity of the diaper area. Most diaper rashes are caused due to friction in your little one’s skin that is sensitive to wet diapers. This condition will cause red skin in the diaper area. In addition, diaper rash is also caused by fungus and allergies (to tissues, diapers, detergents, soap, lotions). How to cope, the Little One’s skin must be cleaned using special baby soap with a very mild chemical content and avoid rubbing his skin because it can irritate him. In addition, change diapers frequently to keep the skin dry and clean, and don’t use wipes that contain alcohol or fragrance to clean your baby’s skin. Also use a special cream for your child that contains Zinc Oxide, Allantoin, and Witch Hazel. Zinc Oxide is a skin protector to treat and prevent diaper rash, while Allantoin and Witch Hazel are also believed to be able to treat diaper rash on Little One and other minor skin irritations.
- Pimples in babies
Although this is a common condition and often occurs, the cause of acne in infants is still unknown. Pimples in babies are defined as small red bumps or pimples that develop on your baby’s face or body. Usually, acne will go away on its own, even without any treatment. Just like pimples in teens and adults, pimples in babies are lumps or nodules, like acne in general. This pimple can grow on the Little One’s face, but more often on the cheeks and even on their backs. To help clear up acne on a baby, your doctor will give you a cream or ointment. Do not use acne medicine, facial washing soap, and lotions without the advice of a doctor, because your skin is very sensitive and it can worsen the acne on your baby. To prevent acne from coming to your baby, you can also use a special soap for your baby that contains fruits rich in antioxidants, such as blueberries. Antioxidants can help fight diseases, such as acne on your little one. In addition, soaps containing vitamins A and C are also good for skin health.
Choosing Special Baby Skin Care Products
In addition to knowing the cause of skin problems in your child, Mother also must know how to choose products for your child, such as shampoo, lotion, soap, and others. This special baby product can help you to give the best care for your baby’s skin. Here are various ways to choose products for your baby:
- Read the product label carefully. Baby skincare products that contain dyes, fragrances, and chemicals can irritate your baby’s skin and respiratory tract.
- Look for products that are free of phthalate and parabens, because both of these chemicals are potentially harmful to your child.
- If you want to use powder, choose baby powder that is free from talc (talc) and powdered corn flour. Both of these ingredients can cause respiratory problems in your child, and try not to powder his face.
- You can choose products for your little ones that contain honey. Why honey? Because honey contains protein, amino acids, vitamins, enzymes, minerals, and others that have good benefits for your baby’s skin. Honey is antimicrobial, which can prevent pathogenic infections. Honey also helps to rejuvenate the skin, inhibits the formation of wrinkles, and is soothing to the skin.
- In addition, the content of essential oils such as chamomile in Little Product can also be Mother choose. In infants over 3 months of age, some essential oils can be used to help your baby sleep, and make him calm. Chamomile is beneficial for babies who have sleep problems. This plant has a calming effect, and is traditionally used to treat insomnia in infants and also adults. The smell of chamomile can also overcome the fuss on Little.
- Choose products that are made specifically for babies, such as shampoo that does not hurt the eyes and special bath soap for babies. Also make sure to keep the little skin moisturized by using special lotion for him.
By knowing the cause of the problem in your baby’s skin, you can immediately minimize it. Don’t forget to always accompany you wholeheartedly so that your child feels comfortable, and always use products that are specifically designed for babies.