Corona Virus or 2019 Coronavirus Novel may be a virus that attacks the systema respiratorium . This virus can cause disorders of the systema respiratorium , acute pneumonia, until death.
The 2019 Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) virus known as the Corona virus is a new type of coronavirus that is transmitted to humans. This virus was first discovered within the city of Wuhan, China, at the top of December 2019. This virus spread quickly and has spread to other regions in China and to many countries.
Coronavirus is a collection of viruses that can infect the respiratory system. In many cases, this virus only causes mild respiratory infections, like flu. However, this virus also can cause severe respiratory infections, such as pneumonia, Middle-East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
Symptoms of Corona Virus
Corona virus infection can cause sufferers to experience flu symptoms, such as runny nose, headache, cough, sore throat, and fever, or symptoms of severe respiratory infections, such as high fever, cough with phlegm and even bleeding, shortness of breath, and chest pain.
However, generally there are 3 general symptoms which will indicate someone is infected with the Corona virus, namely:
- Hard to breathe.
According to research, symptoms of Corona virus infection appear within 2 days to 2 weeks after exposure to Corona virus.
In severe cases, Corona viral infection can cause the subsequent serious complications:
- Secondary infection in other organs
- Kidney failure
- Acute cardiac injury
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome
Causes of Corona Virus
Corona viral infection is caused by coronavirus, which may be a group of viruses that infect the systema respiratorium . In most cases, coronaviruses only cause mild to moderate respiratory infections, such as flu. However, this virus can also cause severe respiratory infections, like MERS, SARS, and pneumonia.
It is suspected that the Corona virus was initially transmitted from animals to humans. However, it had been later discovered that coronaviruses were also transmitted from human to human.
A person are often infected with coronavirus through various ways, namely:
- Accidentally inhale saliva splashes from sneezing or coughing with Corona virus sufferers.
- Hold the mouth or nose without washing hands first, after touching an object affected by the patient’s saliva.
- Close contact with sufferers, like touching or shaking hands.
Corona virus can infect anyone, but more in danger of attacking the elderly, also as people that are sick or have weak immunity.
Corona Virus Prevention
Until now, there’s no vaccine to stop the Corona virus. Therefore, the simplest thanks to prevent corona virus is to avoid the factors which will cause you to be infected with this virus, namely:
- Avoid traveling to China or other countries where Corona virus transmission has been found.
- Use a mask when outdoors, especially if you are doing activities in public places.
- Routinely wash your hands with water and soap or hand sanitizer that contain alcohol after outdoor activities.
- Avoid contact with animals, especially wild animals. In case of contact with animals, wash your hands afterwards.
- Make sure you cook the meat thoroughly before consuming it.
- Cover mouth and nose with tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Do not touch the eyes, mouth and nose before washing hands.
- Avoid being close to someone who is sick.
- Keep clean objects that are often touched and environmental clean.
Corona Virus Treatment
Corona virus infection can’t be treated, but there are several steps that doctors can fancy relieve the symptoms, namely:
- Provide fever and pain relievers. However, doctors won’t give aspirin to sufferers of Corona virus infection who are still children.
- Encourage sufferers to require a warm bath and use a humidifier, to alleviate cough and pharyngitis .
- Encourage sufferers to urge enough rest and don’t leave the house to stop the spread of the virus.
- Encourage and require patients to drink lots of water in order to maintain body fluid levels.
For someone suspected of being infected with the Corona virus, there are several steps you can take to prevent the virus from spreading to others, namely:
- Do not leave the house, except for treatment.
- Try to stay apart from other people for a while. If it’s impossible , use a bedroom and toilet that’s different from what others use.
- Forbid and prevent others from visiting or visiting you until you are completely healed.
- As much as possible do not meet with people who are sick.
- Avoid sharing eating and drinking utensils, toiletries, and sleeping equipment with others.
- Wear a mask and gloves when in a public place or with someone else.
- Use tissue to cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash.