Yoga Movement for Weight Loss
To get the ideal body weight, you need to maintain your diet and exercise regularly. One of the exercise options that can be done is yoga for weight loss. Let’s look at any yoga moves or poses that can reduce weight in the following article.
Calories burned while yoga is not as much as you do cardio and aerobic exercise. However, yoga exercises have different concepts and ways from cardio or aerobic exercise to lose weight.
Not only through burning calories in every movement, but yoga can also encourage someone to be more aware and focused on living a healthier lifestyle.
In addition, yoga is also said to help suppress appetite, cope with stress, and make you sleep more soundly. This is what makes yoga good for weight loss.
Yoga Pose for Weight Loss
Every yoga movement has different benefits. Well, there are three types of yoga movements to lose weight, namely:
Position of sun salutation or solar namaskara
This yoga pose can be done in the following ways:
1. Start in a standing position, then inhale and move both hands straight up over your head.
2. Exhale then bend your body while keeping your back straight. Then straighten your arms down until your fingers touch the floor, place your fingers in front of your toes.
3. Inhale and then position your body on your stomach and support your body using both forearms and legs (plank position). Hold this position for at least 5-10 seconds while inhaling and exhaling.
4. Then slowly lower your knees to the floor followed by lowering your chest and chin to the floor. After that, straighten your arms to lift your body while tilting your head, keeping your knees still touching the floor.
5. Now, change your posture. Lift your hips up then place your palms on the floor in front and feet behind you so that your body position resembles the inverted V. Hold this position for 5-8 seconds.
6. After that, lift your body until it returns to position number 2. Then position your body to stand up straight like the starting position, while breathing in and raising your arms straight up. Then, place both hands on the sides of the body relax while regulating breathing.
Perform this movement 10 times. Increase the intensity by holding the position for a longer time or by speeding up the tempo of the movement.
The following is a sequence of ways to do yoga boat position:
1. Start in a sitting position on the mat. Bend your knees in front of you and feet flat on the floor.
2. With palms facing up, straighten your arms forward until your hands are rubbing the sides of your knees.
3. Lean your body back until the body forms a 45-degree angle to the floor.
4. Slowly lift your feet from the floor to knee level, if possible straighten the legs to form the letter V.
5. Hold that position for 30 seconds while regulating breathing and keeping your shoulders relaxed. Repeat this movement five times.
Plank position is the simplest yoga pose for weight loss. In addition to losing weight, the plank can also be done to train the strength of the abdominal and back muscles.
Here is how to do the correct plank position:
1. Start with the prone position, then support the body using both elbows and legs. Keep both elbows parallel to the shoulders.
2. Maintain the body position and keep the body position in a straight line while holding the abdominal muscles.
3. Hold the movement for 1 minute then back on his stomach. Repeat this movement for 10-15 minutes.
If you are not familiar with yoga, you can start by doing yoga movements that are simpler, including yoga movements for beginners. Once you become accustomed to doing yoga, try some yoga moves to lose weight.
But remember, to get the ideal weight with yoga, this exercise needs to be done routinely and regularly, for example, 3 times a week. You can also combine yoga movements with other sports, such as jogging, pilates, biking, or swimming.